Terms & Conditions
Effective from: 18th of June 2018
Please read these terms and conditions before continuing to browse the website. By using the website you agree to be bound by all terms and conditions, including any future amendments. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not continue browsing or using the website.
- “The Company” will refer to Byte Orbit (Pty) Ltd registered in South African with Reg No: 2015/169050/07
- “You” or “User” means any person who accesses and uses The Company’s website for any reason.
- “Website” means the website of The Company currently hosted at academy.byteorbit.com as The Company may choose to use from time to time.
Use subject to these terms and conditions
- By accessing and using this website you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions from the time you first access the Website.
- The Terms and Conditions may be amended without notice.
- The effective date of the Terms and Conditions is indicated in the header. The effective date governs browsing and using of the Website from that date until the next revision of the Terms and Conditions becomes effective.
- You are responsible to remain aware of the current version of the Terms and Conditions.
- By continuing to browse or use the Website after a revised Terms and Conditions becomes effective, constitutes your agreement to observe these Terms and Conditions as they may have been revised.
- All information available on the Website is provided “as is”.
- The Company does not warrant that this Website or the delivery, hosting and ancillary services or facilities of third party suppliers utilised by the Company will continue to operate, will operate without interruptions or will be error-free or that it will be free of any software virus or other harmful component.
- You will be entirely responsible for any resulting damage to software or computer systems and/or any resulting loss of data caused as a result of any use of the Website.
Third party websites
- The Website may contain hyperlinks to Websites owned or operated by third parties. The Company is not responsible for the content of such Websites, and does not endorse or approve the contents thereof. The fact that a website is linked to this Company’s Website does not imply that the Company sponsors, endorses or is affiliated or associated with the entity that owns or is responsible for the website. As such, the Company is not liable for the operation and content of any third party websites that may be linked to this Website (regardless of whether or not a link has been permitted by the Company).
- Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the HTML, text, graphics, audio clips, video clips, source and / or object code and all other works contained in this Website is owned by the Company, which asserts and reserves all of its rights in this regard. Access to or use of this Website will not in any way result in an assignment or license of any intellectual property owned by the Company or any other party.
- The contents of the Website may not be transmitted, transcribed, reproduced, stored or translated into any other form without the prior written permission of the Company.
- No other use of the Website is permitted.
Linking, framing and crawling
- The prior written authority of the Company is required before any hyperlink is created. Authority, if granted, will be subject to the condition that the party linking to this Website alerts users to the application of these terms and conditions. Requests for authority can be emailed to email@example.com
- Permission to link to this website will be granted strictly without the assumption of any liability on the part of the Company. The Company reserves the right to withdraw permission granted to link to the Website at any time in the entire discretion of the Company.
- The prior written authority of the Company, which may be subject to conditions, is required before this website, any of its pages and/or any of the information contained on the Website is framed.
- Save for the use of bona-fide search engine and the search facility provided on the website for users, no person may use or attempt to use any technology or applications (including web crawlers or web spiders) to search or copy content from the Website for any purpose without the prior written consent of the Company. Any attempt to do so, whether successful or not, is an offence as contemplated in point.
- Any person who in any manner interferes with the data or information displayed on this website in any way which causes it to be modified, destroyed or otherwise rendered ineffective or inaccurate, acts contrary to the provisions of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 and is guilty of an offence.
- Any person who in any manner interferes with any third party’s access to the Website or denies access to the Website, whether partial or absolute, is guilty of an offence in terms of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002.
- Any attempt to commit or aid and abet someone in the commission of the offences referred to in 7.1 and 7.2 is guilty of an offence in terms of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002.
- The Company will, as it may be advised, cause the prosecution of any person who is guilty of an offence described in 7.1 and 7.2.
- The Company will, as it may be advised, institute appropriate action to obtain relief against the perpetrator of the actions contemplated in 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3, with a view to recovering any damages that it may suffer and to protect the Website against defacement, unauthorised amendment of content and disruption of the use of the website.
- While the Company will take appropriate security precautions to protect the Website against abuse by third parties, by accessing and browsing the Website you accept that no liability will lie against the Company for any damages caused to you by the malicious interference with the operation of the Website, and/or any destructive data or code that may be communicated to computers or information systems used by you as a result of your access and browsing of the Website.
Disclaimer and indemnity
- The Company expressly disclaims all liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage occasioned by your accessing and browsing of the Website or your inability to access and browse this Website, or whether caused directly or indirectly by inaccuracies, defects, errors (whether typographical or otherwise), omissions, out of date information or for any other reason, even if such loss was reasonably foreseeable and the Company had been advised of the possibility of the loss occurring.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Company, its servants, subcontractors, subsidiaries and affiliates from any demand, action or application or other proceedings, including for attorney's fees and related costs such as tracing fees, made by any third party and arising out of or in connection with the your use of or access, browsing or use of this website.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the law of the Republic of South Africa; you and the Company both agree to submit any dispute arising out of the use of the Website to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of South Africa.
- These terms and conditions record the entire agreement between you and the Company in respect of your access, browsing and use of the Website.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions which will remain in full force and effect.
- The Company's omission to exercise any right under these terms and conditions will not constitute a waiver of any such right unless expressly accepted by the Company in writing.
- Notwithstanding the fact that hyperlinks in these terms and conditions to certain documents should be deemed part of these terms and conditions in terms of section 11 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002, the fact that some or all of the hyperlinks may be non-operational, will not play a role in determination of the validity and interpretation of these terms and conditions.