Effective from: 18th of June 2018
- “The Company” will refer to Byte Orbit (Pty) Ltd registered in South African with Reg No: 2015/169050/07
- “Personal Information” means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 or 2013.
- “Processing” means any operation or activity or any set of operations, whether automated or manual concerning personal information as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
- “You” or “User” means any person who accesses and uses The Company’s website for any reason.
- “Website” means the website of The Company currently hosted at academy.byteorbit.com
APPLICATION AND EFFECTIVE DATE
- The Company respects your privacy.
PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You acknowledge that Personal Information is collected directly from you through completing online forms on the Website.
- You consent to your Personal Information being processed by The Company.
- Where you submit Personal Information (such as name, telephone number and email address) via the Website the following principles
are observed in the processing of that information:
- The specific purpose for which Personal Information is collected will be made apparent when it is requested. The Company will only process personal Information for a purpose consistent with the purpose for which it is collected.
- The Company will not disclose any personal information relating to you to any third party unless your prior written agreement is obtained or The Company is required to do so by law.
- The Company will destroy or delete any personal information that is no longer needed by The Company for the purpose it was initially collected, or subsequently processed.
- The Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002, permits The Company to use personal information collected to compile profiles for statistical purposes. No information contained in the profiles or statistics will be able to be linked to any specific user.
ANONYMOUS DATA COLLECTION
- The Company may use tools to collect information about the use of the website. The technology is not able to identify individual users but allows The Company to collect usage statistics.
- The Company may utilise temporary or session cookies to keep track of your browsing habits. A cookie is a small file that is placed
on your hard drive to keep a record of your interaction with the Website and facilitate user convenience.
- Cookies will not be used to identify users personally but may be used to compile anonymised statistics relating to use of services or to provide The Company with feedback on the performance of the Website.
- The following classes of information may be collected in respect of users who have enabled cookies:
▸ Hardware devices or browser software used;
▸ IP address or geographic location;
▸ Date and time of activities while visiting the website;
▸ URLs of internal pages visited; and
- You can change the way your browser handles cookies. If you do this, some services on the Website may not be fully functional.
- The Company takes reasonable measures to ensure the security and integrity of information submitted to or collected by the Website, but it cannot under any circumstances be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by you as a result of unlawful access to or dissemination of any personal information by a third party.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES