Byte Orbit has launched the Byte Academy to find talented individuals with excellent potential and a passion for development. We will guide our learners through a series of training courses and mentorship experiences to produce workplace-ready, world-class Python developers.
Our first intake is in August 2018 and applications are now open. Get on board.
- Course duration: Maximum of 6 months - self paced.
- Training takes place at Byte Orbit offices in Tygervalley.
- Training hours are 08h30 to 17h00.
- Learn in a software development environment with other developers.
- Beautiful open plan office.
- Become part of the team from day 1.
- Participate in weekly innovation talks.
- Online training
- Full support of senior and experienced developers.
- Regular workplace skills development session.
- Daily mentorship opportunities and guidance.
- Ongoing monitoring of training outcomes.
- We will pay a fixed remuneration amount during your learning period.
- You will receive a bonus on completion based on the quality and speed of your outcomes.
- You will receive lunch at the office twice a week and participate in company socials.
- You will receive a certificate of completion from Byte Orbit.
- You will receive certificates for all online courses successfully completed.
- You will be offered a guaranteed interview for a permanent position at the company. (T's & C's apply)
Training programme will include online material from accredited sources, as well as in-house prepared content focusing on softer skills development.
Introductory programming class, about Object-Oriented Programming, a must-have technique for software engineers that will allow you to reuse and share code easily.
Basics of SQL (the Structured Query Language) and database design, as well as the Python API for connecting Python code to a database.
Fundamentals of back-end web development. How to interact with a database from a web application using an Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) layer.
Implementation of the OAuth 2.0 framework to allow users to securely login to your web applications.
Building complex server-side web applications that use powerful relational databases to persistently store data.
Ongoing mentorship from our most highly skilled developers and management team.
Develop the necessary skills to optimise productivity and performance in the organisation.
If you have a passion for software development and want to grow while building your technical capabilities, apply now.
- South African citizen
- Over the age of 18 years
- Must have a Matric certificate
- 1 year comparable experience
- Commit for the full 6 months
- Own transport / public transport